SAY HELLO TO YOUR NEW BEST FRIEND!
Kapha-Pacifying Mung Bean + Spinach Chilla (Crepes)
Eat these for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Protein rich, antacid and so yummy!
* 1 cup dry mung beans, split or whole - soaked overnight or sprouted
* 1 tbsp RASA Ayurveda Kapha Spice Mix
* 1 tsp salt
* 4 tbsp chickpea flour (besan)
* 1 cup chopped cilanto
* 1.5 cups chopped spinach
* 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
* Place the mung beans in the blender along with the RASA Ayurveda Kapha Spice Mix and salt, and blend until smooth, using just enough water to get a slightly-runnier-than-pancake-batter consistency. Add the chickpea flour, cilantro and spinach and mix well.
* Heat a pan over medium-high heat until water sprinkled on the surface skitters off and dries up immediately.
* Melt enough coconut oil to cover the bottom of the pan and then place ½ cup of the batter in the center using a ladle with a rounded bottom. Use the bottom of the ladle to spread the batter into as thin a round as possible. This doesn't have to be crepe-like, but if you ladle it on too thick the inside might not cook through.
* When the top looks dry and the edges turn brown, flip over and cook until golden-brown.
* Eat with your favorite chutney or relish! Yum!