Our Ingredients & Process
Every item in our Apothecary has undergone a loving, conscious conception to find its way to birth and to your life. RASA Ayurveda is truly a labour of Love and we thank you for being a part of it.
Our Process Involves:
1) Ethical Sourcing: We are committed to ethical sourcing and every raw material, plant, oil or superherb purchased goes under a rigorous inspection. We have especially focused upon sourcing from small businesses that care about the environment and the people they impact. We support women's cooperatives and NGOs, as well as focusing upon local Canadian suppliers and crafters.
2) Organic + Vegan: We celebrate Ayurveda in its sattvic holism and for that reason all of our products are created from the highest quality and purest vibration of organic, vegan and wildharvested plant materials. We respect, revere and thank the plant and this earth for offering its medicine and healing wisdom to us all.
3) Mantra + Love: Before we craft anything, our apothecary space is cleared with smudge, sacred mantra and with sankalpa (intention). Only then do we begin the magic creations, staying mostly in silent presence and prayer.
4) Small-batch + Handcrafted: We are committed to the maintaining the relationship with the plants and to crafting each of our creations with awareness and love. The Prana that flows through the hands and hearts of the crafter is as much medicine as is the energy of the plants. Together, these create great healing potentiality.
5) Samyoga: Each of our creations has been carefully formulated with deep contemplation according to the Ayurvedic wisdom of Samyoga (right combinations). It is a true art to recognize the synergistic qualities of plant life and to give them space to come together in ways that are potent and healing.
6) Eco-Stewardship: We yearn to see a world where more businesses offer what is needed while at the same time honoring the land and our home. For that reason, we are in an ongoing effort to make every area of RASA eco-conscious and exemplary. It is our heartfelt longing to step minimally on this earth and to ensure that her bounty is abundant for generations.