Garshana Glove - Dry Brush
This product is currently sold out.
Ayurvedic dry-brushing, called Garshana, promotes a cleansing of the lymph system and is an excellent way to remove 'ama' (toxicity), from the body. This ritual is recommended for people who have signs of ama, or are dealing with Kapha imbalance (excess earth/water), which may lead to feelings of fatigue, lethargy, sluggishness, physical or mental dullness, slow digestion and weight gain.
Dry brushing is also an excellent practice during the season of spring. During the spring months, water has saturated the earth, and flower pollen is carried in the air. This is the time of year when Kapha can begin to accumulate and we can experience congestion throughout the body and mind. Dry brushing helps to stimulate Kapha in the body and encourage movement and release of excess mucus and heaviness.
Because Garshana is stimulating, Kapha individuals may do this daily while those who are predominantly Pitta and Vata can do this practice less often (1-3x weekly) and always follow it with a warm Abhyanga (self-massage with oil).
Our Garshana Gloves are made from Jute - natural, non-toxic, durable and closest to nature.
- Improves Skin Luster and Clarity
- Increases Muscle Tone
- Promotes Weight Management by supporting healthy metabolism
- Supports Natural Detoxification
- Improves Circulation in the Lymph System
- Enhances General Circulation
- Stimulates Areas that Accumulate Cellulite
Avoid If You
- have very sensitive skin
- struggle with a skin condition, such as psoriasis or eczema
- have an open wound (skip the area)
- have inflamed skin due to sunburn or an allergy